Exciting opportunity to own an established & successful Belmopan business
Situated in the busy center of Belmopan, Cayo District, Corkers Restaurant and Hibiscus Hotel are successful complementary businesses established by the current owners in 2011. This uniquely structured sale presents a golden opportunity for a seamless transition for new ownership to continue this thriving business. Note: The Businesses are being sold jointly and the real estate is not included. There is a Lease that is long term and can be transferred.
Hibiscus Hotel and Corkers Restaurant are strategically situated in the same commercial complex and complement each other perfectly. This quiet, yet central location just off the Belmopan ring road behind Belize Bank has generated a loyal lunch-time clientele from the surrounding Government, Ministries, Embassies and banking/business district, many of which are in walking distance. The private car-park easily accommodates local drive-in traffic and is a popular destination choice for out-district shoppers. Banks, market place, bus terminal and most government offices all within easy walking distance. The friendly, safe atmosphere ensures a thriving evening bar and restaurant trade.
Whilst the majority of the hotel and restaurant custom is locally generated, tourists use the restaurant as convenient break as they pass through districts, and the hotel has become a popular for an overnight stay to break up longer journeys to and from the airport. The restaurant benefits greatly from its hotel customers. A reliable year-round trade enables sound management budget planning especially during the last 12 months of uncertainty within the tourism industry. Corkers and Hibiscus accept purchase orders making both businesses favorable for ministries, Government offices and many large companies throughout Belize to use and there is already have a strong client base within these sectors.
The current owners, husband and wife team of chef kitchen manager and front-of-house manager, are retiring from the hospitality business and a non-competition clause is available on request. All businesses, fixtures and fittings required to continue the operations are included in the sale. The premises are rented on a yearly contract with monthly rent payable.
Both Corkers and Hibiscus were established in January 2011 by the current co-owners. Certificate of Title will be signed over to the new owner(s) upon completion.
Basic outlines of the businesses and sale can be found below.
• Sale includes all stock at time of sale, all restaurant & hotel equipment and amenities and the goodwill of the business. Full inventory available on request
• Complete restaurant and bar menu handover with training if requested
• Existing business contact details will be passed on (phone, internet, website, email)
• Exiting banking arrangements with POS machines can be discussed to be included as part of handover
• Handover of suppliers’ information and sales rep details
• Handover of all license information and transfers wherever possible
• Handover of utility services provided; CCV (for internet & cable), BEL, BWS.
• Trained and experienced waiting and cleaning staff willing to remain on discussion.
• Transition and/or training open to discussion
• Opportunity for turn-key operation
• First floor restaurant with breezy outdoor bar and dining, and cozy inside dining, with total seating for up to 60 people
• Secure private parking for up to 8 vehicles (for Corkers and Hibiscus personally) with additional parking on site for 12 more vehicles.
• International food menu with over 100 items on the menu.
• Only one of 2 establishments in Belmopan serving draft beer and draft craft 2.5 beer in the Belmopan district
• Hot-spot for Happy Hour; first bar to introduce a successful happy hour in 2012 to Belmopan
• Clientele of varied range of age, middle-class demographic; very female-friendly. Quiet family friendly (children are expected to sit with parents) No kids menu or play area.
• Currently open Tuesday to Saturday from 11.30am offering full menu all day (appetizers, main and desserts). Closed Sundays and Mondays and most public Holidays. Opportunity for expansion with 7 days a week opening.
• Corkers hosts the check-in reception location for the Hibiscus. Corkers staff deal with bookings, enquiries and payment
• 6 fully furnished motel-style ground floor rooms; 3 king rooms and 3 rooms with a queen and single bed. (Sleeps 12 at full occupancy with 2 people in each room; 15 with 3 people in each queen/single room)
• All have private fully-tiled bathrooms with hot and cold water, flat-screen TV, Cable TV and internet, AC, ceiling fan.
• Under-counter refrigerator available for weekly stays.
• Laundry room with 2 washing machines and 2 tumble dryer with all linens and amenities
• Check-in during restaurant hours
• Meals available during restaurant hours (from 11:30am)
For more information, please contact us by using the form below.